The lead Quest training venue is based at Penistone Grammar School's brand new international standard sports facility near Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
Venue AddressPenistone Grammar School
Contact DetailsMaster Mike McKenzie, 7th Dan
Tel: 07938 949923
Click here for some offers to help get you started ...
New Class Timetable - starting May 2016
|Monday||6pm - 7:30pm||Penistone Grammar School||Sport Taekwondo|
|7:30pm - 8pm||Penistone Grammar School||20 minutes extra training for performance athletes|
|Wednesday||5pm - 6pm||Penistone Grammar School||Monstars - Suitable for all children 7 years and below|
|6pm - 7pm||Penistone Grammar School||Superstars|
|7pm - 9pm||Penistone Grammar School||Sport Taekwondo|
|Friday||5pm - 6pm||Penistone Grammar School||Monstars/Superstars|
|6pm - 7pm||Penistone Grammar School||Martial Art Taekwondo - Self defence, patterns,
breaking (not suitable for young children)
|Saturday||9am - 10am||Penistone Grammar School||Monstars/Superstars|
|10am - 12pm||Penistone Grammar School||Sport Taekwondo|
|12pm - 1pm||Penistone Grammar School||PSS training for Sport Taekwondo|
Further Class Details
- Monday 6pm - 7:30pm
- This is a general Taekwondo class suitable for all ages and abilities. A typical lesson will include warm-up and stretch, Kicking drills, Sport and Technical training. No spectators at this session other than by advanced arrangement.
- Monday 7:30pm - 8pm
- This is Advanced grade supplementary training. The focus in this “add-on” session will be a higher level of understanding of technical or high grade aspects of training. This session is suitable for red and Black Belts only.
Family and friends are welcome to spectate.
- Wednesday 6pm - 7pm
“MONSTARS” Class for Boys & Girls 7 years of age and below. This class is a specialist class. Warm up and stretches are conducted through fun activities. The emphasis in training is balance co-ordination and getting the students off to the right start with a love of Taekwondo training.
Parents/close family may spectate.
Suitable for all children 7 years and below.
- Wednesday 7:30pm - 9pm
- This is a general class but as there are no “Monstars” present the emphasis in the class is reflected in the lesson format. This will include 1-step sparring and self-defence training.
Suitable for all 7 years plus
- Saturday 9am - 10am
- The Studio class gives us the opportunity to practise more technical aspects of taekwondo training in the brand new fitness studio which has a sprung wooden floor and mirrored walls.
Suitable for all ages and abilities
- Saturday 10am - 12pm
- This class will focus on Competitive Sport Taekwondo. It’s a good physical workout with the highest standard of coaching available in the UK.
Quest Penistone Committee